Sports Premium 2016 -2017
The government is continuing to provide additional funding of physical education and sport in primary schools . This funding-provided jointly by the Department of Education, Health and Culture , Media and Sport will be allocated to primary school head teachers . The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E and school sport.
P.E and sport play a very important part in the life of Puller Memorial. We believe P.E and school sport contribute to the holistic development of all our children, and through participation our children build and learn more about our core values of respect, co-operation, and kindness.
The £ 8,000 sport premium funding we are provided with will support the development of P.E and school sport in the following ways.
- Being part of Herts and Ware Sports Partnership, which includes competitions against other schools and use of specialist P.E teachers. Competitions to include KS1 Agility Festivals, KS2 Sportshall Competitions, Tag Rugby, Football, Kwik Cricket competitions.
- Improve the teaching and learning of Physical Education of teachers, support staff and Mid Day Supervisors (MSAs). T.A.s Netball Course /Dance
- To increase participation in P.E, particularly for those pupils who are currently disengaged by sport. Participation in ' Everyone In' Festival - Wodson Park Year 4/5
- To improve resources so that sport can be taught more effectively.
- Nursery to Year 3 pupils to participate in Dance & Drama sessions led by experienced Dance/ Drama Teacher
- Developing the role of Year 5 sport ambassadors . Children to attend conference and in school plan and deliver lunchtime club.
- Establish links with local schools to give pupils opportunities to compete in inter- schools competitions.
- Weekly after school club to be run by qualified sports coach .
- Promote the health and well being of all pupils e.g. Daily Mile, Health Promotion.led by sports ambassadors .
A Sports coach will be employed for two afternoons per week to teach P. E. across the key stages. Teachers and support staff will observe lessons to ensure they have the skills to teach P.E. and Dance.
Monitoring to evaluate impact of provision
P.E subject leader and Headteacher will evaluate the quality of teaching and learning of the coach ½ termly.
Teachers , with the support of the qualified coach,will observe each other teaching P.E. and identify the next steps in development for teachers.
Assessments will be completed on all pupils at beginning and end of each term to evaluate progress.
A review of pupils involved in sport will be completed at the beginning of the Autumn term and at the end of each term.
Cost to the program
Sports coach 6 hours per week. £5320
Release time for subject leader £360
Sports partnership £1300
Money available for resources £1020