Uniform - Albury
We feel that the wearing of our school uniform is an important aspect of our school. It encourages a community feel and relates to the values we endeavour to impact to our children, including those of taking pride in themselves and their appearance, and of collective pride and ownership of their school. Our uniform looks smart and is very practical (no arguments in the morning about what to wear!) and we encourage all pupils to wear it.
Uniform is not required for the pre-school children, however, we would suggest they wear old clothes that are easy for them to manage (when getting changed, using the toilet etc), perhaps track suit trousers and a loose fitting top.
For the Early Years children (Pre-school, Nursery and Reception) they will also require a weather appropriate hat, coat, wellies, PE kit, water bottle and a snack.
All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly named.
Please can you make sure your child/children come to school dressed correctly.
When compiling our uniform list we have taken account of the cost of school uniform document. All of the below items are required unless otherwise stated.
If you choose to wear trousers or shorts the uniform is as follows:
- plain grey long/short trousers - non branded
- white shirt - non branded
- school tie - Available from school or from Kids Connection (younger pupils may wear an elasticated version, key stage 2 pupils to wear a standard tie)
- green school jumper - Branded and available from Kids Connection
- grey socks - non branded
- black shoes (no trainers, please) - non branded (heels no higher than 2.5 cm and no trainers or boots, please)
- green fleece (optional) - Branded and available from Kids Connection
If you choose to wear a skirt or pinafore the uniform is as follows:
- tartan skirt or pinafore - Branded and available from Kids Connection
- for the summer, a green or yellow check summer dress - non branded
- white shirt - non branded
- green school jumper or cardigan - Branded and available from Kids Connection
- white or grey socks or tights - non branded
- black school shoes - non branded (heels no higher than 2.5 cm and no trainers or boots, please)
- black shorts - non branded
- green PE top - Branded and available from Kids Connection
- black and gold school PE sweatshirt - Branded and available from Kids Connection
- black tracksuit bottoms for cold weather - non branded
- indoor and outdoor plimsolls or trainers - non branded
Branded school uniform bearing the Albury school logo can be purchased from Kids Connection, Unit 1A Great Northern Works, Hartham Lane, Hertford, SG14 1QW. Tel: 01992 587 466. Order on-line at www.kidsconnection.co.uk . This can be picked up in store and fitted. This can also be purchased from school at key points in the year.
Jewellery (including make-up, gelled hair etc) is not allowed. The only exceptions are stud earrings, medical identification tags and items following recognised cultural traditions. Stud earrings must be removed for PE and this is the child’s responsibility. Children may wear wrist watches. However, the school is not responsible for watches or items of personal property lost or damaged during the school day.
All children must come to school with neat, tidy and brushed/combed hair. If hair is long, it must be neatly tied back at all times.
Lost property is kept in the blue box in the corridor. Items not collected at the end of each term are either recycled or thrown away. Please label all of your child’s clothing and equipment clearly with their name.
We like to encourage our children to wear correct school uniform, preferably with the Albury logo, as this gives the children pride in the school they attend and helps to identify our children when out and about.