Sports Premium Funding
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The government is continuing to provide additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school head teachers. The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
For more information please follow the link below:
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Albury and Puller Nursery and Primary Schools. We believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and, through participation, our children build and learn more about our key values such as respect, co-operation and kindness for themselves and others.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the sport premium funding to support the development of P.E. and school sport in the following ways:
- Membership of two local Sports Partnerships, which includes competitions against other schools and using specialist PE teachers
- Supporting the employment of a sports apprentice to ensure that children can develop their skills throughout the school day
- Organising our own inter-school events. E.g. Cross-country
- Training midday assistant in ‘Change for Life’ which is a scheme that promotes exercise during the lunchtime break
- Developing sports / play leaders. Children are taught how to develop and deliver PE activities to other children
- Bringing in outside, specialist PE providers to develop the skills of both children and staff
- Competing in inter-school competition
- Developing intra-school competition
- Developing house teams for PE
- Promoting children’s PE experiences from outside of school
- Establishing links with local clubs
- Providing Gifted &Talented opportunities in PE
- Staff training
- Developing PE in the Early Years
We also have a long term goal of improving the provision of specific games and activities e.g. gymnastics or tennis by purchasing equipment and training staff.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E. and school sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.